At doh’hut we hire more for attitude than aptitude. While having experience and knowledge of restaurant, bakery and or coffee shop operations can be of benefit, we are also very willing to teach you everything you need to know. You just need to have the right attitude, good work ethic and attention to detail.
Anyone who works as a member of the Front of House (FOH) Team is the most critical role in ensuring a seamless and high-quality guest experience. FOH Staff set the tone from the moment a guest enters the bakery until the time they leave.
FOH Staff will be welcoming, friendly, genuine, authentic, and confident. This is a position that requires:
- People skills: Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to make guests feel welcome and well cared for
- Teamwork: The ability to work closely with other team members during a shift
- Negotiation: Addressing guest complaints efficiently and effectively to ensure overall customer satisfaction
- Organisation skills: Being able to multi-task and juggle competing priorities throughout a shift
- Operations knowledge: Understanding of how hospitality venues run on a day-to-day basis including staff rostering, opening and closing routines, and cleaning protocols
- Software knowledge: Comfortable working with an iPad-based application to enter orders, accepts payment and manage the bakery
A member of the FOH Team will be working in a faced-paced environment that requires good communication skills and a good work ethic.
Job activities will be greeting guests, taking orders, and serving and packaging donuts and drinks all with a genuine smile. You will need to work with the Barista to ensure orders are completed to the customers’ satisfaction. You will need to work with the Pastry/Back of House Team to ensure stock levels are being optimized and refilled. You will also be responsible for ensuring all FOH and customer areas are clean and presentable.
This is a great role for someone who wants to start a career in the hospitality industry. As a rule, Doh’hut promotes from within and this role can quickly lead to FOH Supervisor, Assistant Bakery Manager (AGM) and Bakery Manager (GM), along with several other opportunities within the organisation.
Prior to serving guests, you will be required to satisfactorily complete Level 1 UK Food and Hygiene Certification, as well as satisfactorily complete doh’hut’s FOH Orientation and Training Course. Will cover all associated costs of the training and your time to complete them.
This role can be a full-time or part-time position.