At Lionshare we hire more for attitude than aptitude. While having experience and knowledge of restaurant, bakery and or coffee shop operations can be of benefit, we are also very willing to teach you everything you need to know. You just need to have the right attitude, good work ethic and attention to detail.
The Bakery Manager (GM) is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of a doh’hut location. This includes managing the production of all doughnuts, ensuring quality and consistency in flavour and presentation, and maintaining inventory levels of ingredients and supplies.
The Bakery Manager will lead and supervise at least one Assistant Bakery Manager, the Front of House Team – Barista, Front of House Staff; and Back of House – Pastry Chef and Pasty Sous Chefs, providing direction and support to ensure that all tasks are completed efficiently and to the highest standards. They will also be responsible for maintaining a clean and organized workspace, as well as ensuring food safety and sanitation regulations are followed.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a café, coffeeshop, bakery or related food industry, as well as excellent leadership and organizational skills.
- Manage and motivate a team
- Set schedules and Rotas
- Ensure that all doughnuts are of the highest quality
- Order ingredients and manage inventory
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace
- Monitor and control food costs to ensure profitability
- Previous experience in a bakery or related food industry
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- A passion for doughnuts and baking
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow recipes accurately
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Additionally, the Bakery Manager will be responsible for monitoring sales and profits and adjusting production levels and wastage as needed to maximize profitability. They will also be responsible for conducting regular staff meetings and training sessions to ensure that all team members are up to date on new recipes, techniques, and food safety protocols.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for baking and doughnuts, as well as experience managing a café, coffee shop, or bakery. They will be organized, detail-oriented, and able to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Prior to working in the bakery and serving customers, you will be required to satisfactorily complete Level 3 UK Food and Hygiene Certification, as well as satisfactorily complete doh’hut’s Orientation and Training Course. We will cover all associated costs of the training and your time to complete them.
This is a full-time salaried position. As an appreciation for being a Bakery Manager with great execution and effective leadership, we will treat you to amazing benefits including:
- Free food and drink when working
- 50% off food and drink when not working
- Pension Scheme
- Performance Bonus
- Eligibility to our “Movers & Shakers” bonus and promotion scheme
- Twice-yearly pay review
- Professional Development programmes
This role reports to the Operations Manager